All pupils will have their enrichment session on Wednesday’s from 2:45pm- 3:30pm.
Key Stage 2 children (Year 3 onwards) are encouraged to participate in at least 2 enrichment sessions. Therefore, Year 3 children will have a second enrichment session which will be ‘Sports’ and provided within the school day with the P.E. teacher on the following days:
Year 3 Ibn Alee – Tuesday Year 3 Ibn Malik – Thursday
In addition, year 3 children will be offered a third optional ‘Sports’ enrichment session with the P.E. teacher.
Our teachers design enrichment tasks, materials and opportunities in the course of the normal planning and schemes of work. We are strong believers of integrating enrichment opportunities with the mainstream curriculum to ensure continuity and progression.
Our enrichment programme involves:
- Developing skills and subject knowledge in depth
- Rounding out curriculum subjects with a wider context
- Relating learning to new areas
- Promoting a higher level of thinking
- Including additional subject areas
- Balance of pace and reflection
- And of course…Challenge! Enjoyment & Risk-taking!