Free School Meals
As part of the Government’s Universal Infant Free School Meals initiative, all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children receive free school meals as a matter of course.
The school also offers Free School Meals in respect of children under the age of 19 where the parent or guardian is in receipt of one of the benefits shown below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get Free School Meals.
Universal Free Meal Entitlement ceases once you child moves up into Year 3, if you think you are entitled to free school meals you will need to register with the Area Education Office – If you live in Preston, click here for more information.